Games and sports are not only important for success in studio but it is important for success in every walks of our life. Games and sports include all outdoor and indoor games and also athletics. In ancient Greece they formed the principal part of education. In the advanced countries of the present day also they are a regular feature of the school and college curriculum.Games and sports may be of various kinds. Apart from school or college sports, boys and girls may practice races, jumps, discuss throw and javelin throw and thus pass their afternoon in useful activities. They may play various games like football, cricket, hockey, volleyball, basket ball, badminton etc. College Games and sports are annual affairs. Sports are generally held in winter months. Students take part in various games like high and long jumps, pole vault, go-as-you like and different kind of races. These annual sports foster competitive spirit and sportsmanship. It is an important part of a student’s life.Sometimes inter class tournaments are held in relation with football, hockey, cricket, tennis, cycling, volleyball, badminton etc. These games foster team spirit among the participants and make them disciplined. The importance of games and sports can never be minimized.
- First of all, they are good exercises and help to build fine, physique for the boys and girls. They make them mentally alert and physically strong. Further, good health is one of the most important benefit of games and sports.
- Secondly, students learn to cope with difficult situations. By displaying their feats before many spectators, they can overcome their nervousness.
- Thirdly, games and sports are good diversions and give them energy to learn their lessons well.
- Fourthly, It gives the necessary break from the everyday monotonous life.
- Fifthly, games and sports help building a sense of cooperation and team-spirit in an individual. Sports like cricket, football, etc. are won by the collective efforts of all the members of the team.
For these reasons, every civilized nation values the importance of games and sports and spends large sum of money on improving the standard of games and sports among its players and athletes. The standard of games and sports in India is far from satisfactory. So, the Government should take steps to improve this standard.
- To achieve a healthier lifestyle while coping with the pressures of studying, one needs to be healthy both emotionally and physically. As a part of this process, our institution emphasizes the importance of sports and considers them as an integral part of the curriculum.
- Outdoor facilities include Athletics (Track and Field ), Badminton, Basktball, Cricket, Football , Hockey, Volleyball .
- Indoor facilities include Chess , Carrom , Table Tennis ,Gymnasium.